Sunday, July 24, 2011

"The subscriber you are trying to reach is either switched off, or out of coverage area"


Very exciting news: I am heading back to beloved Monrovia, and plan to be there for at least the rest of 2011. As can be imagined, I am extremely thrilled to be returning after some time out of the country. This re-expatriation and the professional demands that coinciding with it, will however be very pressing for the next few weeks. Thus I will have to take a leave of absence from this blog, probably until at least mid-August.

Not that I have run out of things to say on matters concerning Liberia or the rest of the continent, so I may have be back sooner rather than later. I have even been writing a bit about the transition and preparation back to Monrovia, which I will hopefully publish here after the fact if I think its worth reading.

This also seems like a semi-appropriate opportunity to thank everyone for the continued attention and support. I have been surprised and thrilled to see the daily page hits for M2M soar into the mid-triple digits in the last few months. I can hardly express how humbled I have been to gain such a readership and hope that the majority feel the time spent here is worth it.

In the meantime, may I gently remind North American M2M readers that it is the height of summer, and perhaps the time not reading this blog might be better spent away from the computer screen, perhaps even in the glorious outdoors?

Please check back in a few weeks, and otherwise I beg you: don't stop reading, visiting, posting comments, RSS feeding, or following me on Twitter. Because that would really, really hurt my feelings.

More soon, Matt


1 comment:

cflemister said...

I was browsing and saw this. You have done a beautiful job of showing the old and new Monrovia.

Liberia was been my home since 1951 (age 11). I have been in and out of the country since 1988. So, the older photos really bring back fond memories.

My last visit was in April 2011.

Keep up the good work. I am sending your blog to my sons and wife. they will love it also.
Clifton Flemister

Tweets by @moved2monrovia